100% full Not resolved
1.4

Aston is owned by RAIT Residential, which boasts a BBB rating of 'F' on a scale of A+ to F.

Factors that affect the rating for Rait Residential include:

Length of time business has been operating

9 complaint(s) filed against business

Failure to respond to 9 complaint(s) filed against business

Citation: http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/property-management/rait-residential-in-chicago-il-88705672/

-While the buildings are new, corners have clearly been cut:

-AC units are 'economy' class with active recalls in effect.

-Electrical infrastructure is suspect, with a 18 month old 1200A breaker box's terminals melting this summer, forcing the town to shut off power to a 24 unit building for more than a day in mid August. Complaints regarding the issue were filed 8 months prior, with no action taken by Aston.

-Costs incurrent due unhabitable living conditons exceeded $700. A $100 Target gift card was offered by RAIT corporate. An itemized expense list was provided to RAIT corporate, accompanied by an assertion that a $100 Target gift card was an insulting gesture. There was no further communication from RAIT/Aston Apartments.

-Business practices are predatory--Rent renewal offer was given with an increase in excess of 30% for the same 10 month term--this offer arrived 3 days prior to the deadline for written notice to vacate (60 days)--if that deadline is missed, the lease can be extended by a month--for a greater than 70% increase in rent.

-Time Warner services are 'bundled,' billed by the complex, mandatory, and marked up significantly. Requests to discuss this issue received no response, neither from TWC's representative, nor RAIT Residential

-Management will invite residents to come 'have a discussion,' but refuses to discuss any issues in writing.

This reviewer shared experience about "victemized" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $750. aidanlinz is overall dissatisfied with Rait Residential and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about rait residential aston apartment homes apartment rental at Rait Residential was office staff are very unprofessional, electrical arcing and high traffic volume , but reviewer liked maintenance people. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Rait Residential.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Real Estate category for more informed decision or compare Rait Residential to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Rait Residential?

Comments