Aston is owned by RAIT Residential, which boasts a BBB rating of 'F' on a scale of A+ to F.
Factors that affect the rating for Rait Residential include:
Length of time business has been operating
9 complaint(s) filed against business
Failure to respond to 9 complaint(s) filed against business
-While the buildings are new, corners have clearly been cut:
-AC units are 'economy' class with active recalls in effect.
-Electrical infrastructure is suspect, with a 18 month old 1200A breaker box's terminals melting this summer, forcing the town to shut off power to a 24 unit building for more than a day in mid August. Complaints regarding the issue were filed 8 months prior, with no action taken by Aston.
-Costs incurrent due unhabitable living conditons exceeded $700. A $100 Target gift card was offered by RAIT corporate. An itemized expense list was provided to RAIT corporate, accompanied by an assertion that a $100 Target gift card was an insulting gesture. There was no further communication from RAIT/Aston Apartments.
-Business practices are predatory--Rent renewal offer was given with an increase in excess of 30% for the same 10 month term--this offer arrived 3 days prior to the deadline for written notice to vacate (60 days)--if that deadline is missed, the lease can be extended by a month--for a greater than 70% increase in rent.
-Time Warner services are 'bundled,' billed by the complex, mandatory, and marked up significantly. Requests to discuss this issue received no response, neither from TWC's representative, nor RAIT Residential
-Management will invite residents to come 'have a discussion,' but refuses to discuss any issues in writing.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Maintenance people
What I disliked
- Office staff are very unprofessional
- Electrical arcing
- High traffic volume
- Corporate irresponsibility
- Veiled threats for disclosing intent to publish negative reviews
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Rait Residential Aston Apartment Homes
- Rait Residential Aston Apartment Homes Apartment Rental
- Review category
- Real Estate
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Laurels. No parking. Handicap violations. Mold on walkways Dog breed restrictions not monitored. Too many people living in individual apartments. Management staff nasty. Sloppy work in apartments ..."
- "I see you are in Houston. I am a Derksen dealer in TX and what I would tell you is that if you are basing your decision on the..."
- "TR REALTY LAS VEGAS NEVADA. Bradford Roberts writes fake reviews for himself on zillow. What a ***. His agents litigate with clients and he encourages that. He pays yelp to..."
- "I'd say that 25% of the time the potential customer doesn't look at the bid, BUT when that happens you get your 2 or 3 credits refunded. Overall the leads..."
- "After being pleased with six months of Urthbox subscribership, I noticed that the subscription had unexpected renewed itself. I was not too concerned, and asked customer service to please cancel..."
- "...Got 2 pints of potatoes ..my husband put potatoes on his plate , went to take a *** and bit down on a high piece of plastic..."
- "The quality control at Harry and David has really gone downhill. Today, when I opened the latest box, I noticed that the pears were all rotted and mold was beginning..."
- "I ordered a nice flower bouquet to be delivered to my wife on our anniversary as I was going to be out of town. By 6pm, they still had..."
- "We pay $102.49 a month for 1. Plain home phone service. It comes with extra *** which we don't use. We have an answering machine and not interested in 3-way..."