Aston is owned by RAIT Residential, which boasts a BBB rating of 'F' on a scale of A+ to F.
Factors that affect the rating for Rait Residential include:
Length of time business has been operating
9 complaint(s) filed against business
Failure to respond to 9 complaint(s) filed against business
-While the buildings are new, corners have clearly been cut:
-AC units are 'economy' class with active recalls in effect.
-Electrical infrastructure is suspect, with a 18 month old 1200A breaker box's terminals melting this summer, forcing the town to shut off power to a 24 unit building for more than a day in mid August. Complaints regarding the issue were filed 8 months prior, with no action taken by Aston.
-Costs incurrent due unhabitable living conditons exceeded $700. A $100 Target gift card was offered by RAIT corporate. An itemized expense list was provided to RAIT corporate, accompanied by an assertion that a $100 Target gift card was an insulting gesture. There was no further communication from RAIT/Aston Apartments.
-Business practices are predatory--Rent renewal offer was given with an increase in excess of 30% for the same 10 month term--this offer arrived 3 days prior to the deadline for written notice to vacate (60 days)--if that deadline is missed, the lease can be extended by a month--for a greater than 70% increase in rent.
-Time Warner services are 'bundled,' billed by the complex, mandatory, and marked up significantly. Requests to discuss this issue received no response, neither from TWC's representative, nor RAIT Residential
-Management will invite residents to come 'have a discussion,' but refuses to discuss any issues in writing.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Maintenance people
What I disliked
- Office staff are very unprofessional
- Electrical arcing
- High traffic volume
- Corporate irresponsibility
- Veiled threats for disclosing intent to publish negative reviews
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Rait Residential Aston Apartment Homes
- Rait Residential Aston Apartment Homes Apartment Rental
- Review category
- Real Estate
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "My wife and I recently sold our second house in 3 years through Keller Williams. The first time went pretty good, with the exception we felt at times our realtors..."
- "I have only lived at Sandpiper for a short period of time however my roommate has lived there a little longer and since our lease isn't up for a few..."
- "I Hate This Company With A Passion! No Wonder The Other Review Gave Them A One (1) Star Rating As Well! I have been severely harassed and tormented by Ruben s Jr...."
- "I ordered a nice flower bouquet to be delivered to my wife on our anniversary as I was going to be out of town. By 6pm, they still had..."
- "The quality control at Harry and David has really gone downhill. Today, when I opened the latest box, I noticed that the pears were all rotted and mold was beginning..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- " I purchased a puppy from Petland South Semoran in October 2016. I paid 2,400 Needless to say I fell in love with my puppy the moment I saw him. So..."
- "Nationwide took our money for appraisal services and then did the worst job around. The description of our property was not correct. The property is located in Queens NY, 90%..."